The good news? It's getting closer. I can practically taste it. In fact, today, I got such a summer feeling when I left the office at lunch time without a jacket (crazy lady that I am) that I began thinking about the things that are specific to summer. Here's a short list:
- Walking around the house barefoot. It's time everyone got a glimpse of my stunning size tens again.
These may or may not be my feet. (Go Roosters)
- Hosing my children. You get shamed for doing it in winter. Seriously, watching them run away from the water just 2 seconds after begging me to hose them is just plain fun.
Miss 5 running from hose last summer.
- Having water-balloon fights. Closely related to point 2, but with bombs. And if you recall my recent post about Zuru's Bunch O Balloons, this one's only going to get better.
Fill 100 in less than a minute. Bring it on.
- Sand in the bed. Not good. It's a mystery how it happens, but you've got to take the good with the bad. No image necessary.
- Early morning and late afternoon beach trips. The best way to avoid the parking hassles and the sunburn.
- Cold, cold beer. Enough said. But I'll give you a picture anyway. Mmmmm....
- Swimmers and towels on the line all the time. We don't even have a pool! (refer points 2 and 3)
- The feeling that you're on holidays but you're not. You're just outside late wearing holiday clothes. Bummer.
What does summer mean to you?