Tuesday 6 January 2015

2015 - You're Mine

It sure has been quiet around here, on my blog. You may have noticed the lack of content from me over the past few weeks. Then again, if you're anything like me, you probably didn't notice at all.

That's because for most of us, the Christmas period, whilst lovely and all that, is stupid busy. I mean, really, it's full on. The family and friends, the presents, the food, the drinking and the late nights and the not-sleeping in all combine to be a whole lot of fun in that exhausting and often way too stressful manner.

For kids, it's just awesome, plain and simple. They get presents, they play. Done. For us, it's a whole different ball game. It's not just a day. It's a season. It's weeks of preparation. It's financial hell. It's the constant guilt of filling your guts with bad choices. Then doing it again.

Fun Fact: Most of what's missing is in my belly.
That said, I do love getting time out with the kids where I don't have to be constantly ready to switch into work mode. That's when we get to enjoy these moments:



I just LOVE how they're pretending to get along. Warms my heart.

Anyway, now that I'm officially finished my holiday (and I use that term loosely), I'm back. I'm ready to lay low for a while. I'm ready to put the wine glasses up in a high cupboard (not too high, of course). I'm ready to remove 2L ice-cream from my weekly shopping list and I will try, I repeat try, not to leave my house in the same clothes I slept in.

I'm getting the easel and the paints out. I'll be posting regularly again on this blog and I might even crank out a sit-up or a push-up every now and then. I'm setting goals, friends and stuff me with more Christmas if I don't reach them.

2015 is going to be a good year, I can feel it in my bones, buried deep beneath layers and layers of wine, trifle and Christmas cake.

Do you have big plans for 2015?

No comments:

Post a Comment